SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
RTL Mining and Earthworks Pty Ltd consider our people to be our greatest asset. We work to identify and control hazards protecting our people from exposure to health and safety risks and their health and well-being is at the forefront of everything we do.
A Health and Safety Management System certified to AS4801 and based on “continuous improvement”, provides the processes to apply effective safety management across the RTL projects. We have implemented tools and programs to engage, support and develop our people at all levels. Occupational Health and Safety Plans have been developed for each project and establish the methods and controls by which safety will be managed on the project.
RTL continues to engage its employees to be proactive in addressing hazards and associated risks in providing a safer working environment for its people. Our Safety Culture is strong and we continue to strive towards a culture of interdependence where safety responsibility is shared for the team’s and each other’s safety and well-being.
The RTL Safety Policy is signed by the directors and confirms the company’s commitment by stating:
- RTL is committed to providing a safe workplace for all employees and stake holders associated with its operations
- RTL will establish measurable objectives and targets aimed at continual improvement of safety performance
- RTL will comply with all relevant OHS legislation and to the requirements of any industry group to which it or the shareholders may subscribe
RTL seeks to achieve industry best practice in meeting its environmental commitments through implementing an environmental management system, which complies with the requirements of ISO14001.
Each RTL project has a unique Environmental Management Plan, which has been developed for the protection of the environment, and establishes environmental management procedures to be followed by RTL and its subcontractors.
RTL's Environment Policy, signed by the directors and confirming the company’s commitment states that:
- RTL is committed to sustainable development and prevention of avoidable pollution
- RTL will establish measurable objectives and targets aimed at continual improvement of its environmental management performance
- RTL will comply with all relevant environmental legislation and to the requirements of any industry group to which it may subscribe